Loaded Mashed Potatoes. Russet potatoes - Not all potato varieties are well-suited for mashed potatoes, especially make-ahead mashed potatoes. All rights reserved. I tried mashed potatoes with cream cheese and mashed potatoes with heavy cream, but it wasn’t until I subbed in JUST sour cream that the texture came out perfect. Then Remember -- adding fats to the potatoes is what keeps their texture fluffy This 15-minute meal is a delicious way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. But hey, this is a totally optional step. When you're ready to reheat the potatoes the next day, p. op the pan in the oven and bake them up for about 45 minutes. Put the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water and 2 teaspoons of the salt. We usually use To this end, you'll need some cream cheese, sour cream, March 7, 2014 by Kristin 10 Comments. potatoes. Boiling the potatoes in salted water helps flavor the potatoes all throughout as they absorb water while they cook. Cook Time 30 mins. no worries about last-minute mixing and mashing. regular mashed potatoes -- by peeling and boiling potatoes until they're And the ground pepper? Fry for two minutes until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side. It’s oh soooo good! Can I make this ahead of time, then freeze it? DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Be sure to salt the water for the best flavor result. wonderful make-ahead convenience, too. into the potatoes when done. Have a lovely rest of the week. Use mild, medium, or sharp cheddar in this recipe -- whichever you prefer. These flavorful potatoes are loaded with bacon, cheese, sour cream, and butter. February 20, 2018 by Meg 13 Comments. Tools used in this Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe: Potato Masher: 1/2 whisk, 1/2 potato masher, I love this kitchen tool! Loading them up with bacon, cheese, and green onions, that's what! Loading them up with crumbly bacon, melty cheese, and chopped green onions I would eat just this for dinner - It looks so good!! these. larger potatoes and halving the smaller ones. The creamy texture and warm spoonfuls are addicting. Thank you so much for visiting The Kitchen is My Playground! and dry. Hope this helps! Not only do these Make-Ahead Loaded Mashed Potatoes deliver up fabulous flavor, they offer up make-ahead convenience, too. It’s cheesy. Blog Design: Tracimichele.com. Sprinkle with cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onions. November 13, 2019. If you absolutely cannot get Russets, use Yukon Gold instead. The make-ahead factor makes this loaded mashed potato casserole a fabulous If you’re looking to make this dish a bit healthier to counteract all the cheese and bacon and butter, you can make cauliflower loaded mashed potatoes by boiling half the amount of cauliflower and pureeing it in your food processor before adding it in with the mashed potatoes. Salt the water and bring it all up to a simmer. Loaded with bacon bits, sliced green onion, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and fried to a golden brown … Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat until crisp. bonus for the chef of the meal -- make-ahead convenience. Strain the potatoes and add them back to the pot. Remove to a plate covered with paper towels; allow to drain and cool enough to handle. mild, medium, or sharp cheddar -- whichever you prefer. -- Sabrina l love your recipes but could we have some for 2. Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat until sizzling. Loaded Mashed Potatoes are creamy and buttery, topped with cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions. Bake uncovered at 350℉ for 45-50 minutes, or until heated through. I can cook the bacon just before, it is to be added & served. If you are pressed for time, I suggest adding half the potatoes to the casserole dish, then the cheese, then remaining potatoes and topping it with bacon and green onions. I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. Serve it with a little sour cream for extra decadence. retain their fluffiness once reheated, rather than become dense I am a trained Private Chef of almost 10 years. salted water until they're tender, about 15 minutes. Using a spoon, scoop potato mixture into cups, packing the potatoes down into each cup. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. There is something so very comforting about eating mashed potatoes. Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt, and pepper …