If that line changes or disappears it is a failed bond. Faint horizontal line at the top of my screen about a half inch from the top that is especially evident when the image is white, but not when it is black. Rolling faint horizontal lines on Public View Monitors HELP! Professional Color Calibration Tool Reviews and Recommendations, Lightboost Hack for Supported Monitors How-To, Monitor Debezeling Guide (by zerobahamut @ OCN), Ultrawide Resolution Monitors (21:9, 1080/1440 variants), /r/buildapc - PC Building Community Resource, /r/buildapcmonitors - Monitor Purchasing Advice, /r/ultrawidemasterrace - Subreddit for 21:9 & wider monitors, /r/bapcsalescanada - Sales Reddit for Canada, /r/bapcsalesaustralia - Sales Reddit for Australia. There's a faint white horizontal line on my ASUS VS248H-P 24". 5) No Low-Quality Joke/Meme Posts Allowed. cheboksary - June 3rd, 2015. If this is the case then you may need to request an RMA. Here I shall discuss how you can troubleshoot if you see vertical or horizontal lines on the monitor. Joined: 27 Apr 2012 If you see one or just a few horizontal lines on LED/LCD TV one possible cause that might be repairable is a bad contact in the connection between the LCD screen and the printed circuit board that drives the rows of LCD image pixels. 1) Post title- brief summary of post content/topic. What do experts recommend? How to resolve Ez debug VGA problem - solid white led? Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Amidar, 30 Jan 2013. 4) Links with affiliate or referral codes will be removed from /r/Monitors. Edit Here's a picture of them on the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen: Image REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 14293 on r2-app-0e8c2d33040dd1dc2 at 2020-12-03 01:17:19.053974+00:00 running a42a821 country code: TR. There's a faint white horizontal line on my ASUS VS248H-P 24". I was thinking it might be the PSU, but I dont have another one to test. I have tried the monitor at different refresh rates, this seems to somewhat effect the darkness of the lines, at 60 hz they appear a darker grey. Thankyou for the reply, I think that will be my last resort. Below are some tips on how to stop getting these lines. Issue: Faint horizontal line at the top of my screen about a half inch from the top that is especially evident when the image is white, but not when it is black. How can I resolve this. Replaced it with an ASUS Radeon 9550 and the lines have disappeared !! You absolutely should NOT have them at 60hz under any circumstances and definitely not in that erratic pattern. I definitely do use vsync. [–]RenFerd 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (3 children). » Professional Color Calibration Tool Reviews and Recommendations, » Lightboost Hack for Supported Monitors How-To, » Monitor Debezeling Guide (by zerobahamut @ OCN), • Ultrawide Resolution Monitors (21:9, 1080/1440 variants), • /r/monitorsnews - For news about Monitors, • /r/buildapc - PC Building Community Resource, • /r/buildapcmonitors - Monitor Purchasing Advice, • /r/ultrawidemasterrace - Subreddit for 21:9 & wider monitors. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It works perfectly aside from some very faint rolling lines that go up the screen from the bottom. Relocate any electronic devices around your monitor. BenQ XL2411T Faint Horizontal Lines Across The Screen. Current Monitor Model Name: Dell S2716DG manufactured in December 2015, warranty expired last year. [–]OwenTheTyley 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (2 children). Also, in the game being completely still has these faint, ghostly lines scrolling upwards on the screen, sort of like old style analogue/terrestrial TVs not being properly tuned into a TV channel. Rendered by PID 14293 on r2-app-0e8c2d33040dd1dc2 at 2020-12-03 01:17:19.053974+00:00 running a42a821 country code: TR. I tried to shut down and restart but they are still there. JavaScript is disabled. Hey everyone... again I just wanted to ask about something I've been noticing with my LCD monitor. Its not like a solid line … I appreciate the response. Trinitron 1 tubes can be recognized because they are curved only in the horizontal plane, but are flat vertically. **like I said no regrets on getting that new PSU but yea help is appreciated I have two VG248QE's and neither have a problem like that at 60hz. Faint horizontal lines across monitor display. These monitors use an aperture grill instead of a shadow mask , and the aperture grill causes the lines. LCD/LED Monitor: 1. If the displayport cable doesn't fix the problem, RMA the monitor. Black Screen with small white line while booting up computer, Booting Computer Looses Power Immediately Making a Faint Crack Sound Then Continues To Boot Normally. I will probably just put up with it, it's not that big of an issue to bother with an RMA. (Optional) Image Link: Picture. very faint and hard to notice, but i'm anal and i noticed them. Horizontal lines indicate a defective LCD panel (screen). Sorry for the bad quality of image, but you can see the lines, also I changed my cursor to black to see if the lines were on top of it and it doesn't seem like they are. Seems CDP-Red need to patch this. Get a good quality DVI-D. Should have a bunch of pins inside and a horizontal metal line next to the pins. Thanks for the reply, What cable did you have the problem with and what fixed your issue? Modern computer monitors, typically LCD displays, offer high-definition images and a sleek form factor. Trust. This thread will be re-posted weekly to insure fresh discussion and advice. If your monitor is plugged into a power board, try plugging your monitor directly into a power socket. I ended up returning it. to get testing going 2) If post it is for trouble shooting please list: all system specs, displays, display connection types, associated software. None of the ports are workingon my monitor. I've switched from DVI to HDMI and the problem still persists. Wise Guy. Software version: 1009.3 - Windows HDR On - Tarkov Launcher over Gradient Background. As I've said before, it isn't screen tearing. I posted in screens as well not knowing if its a projector install issue or screen material issue or something else. I tried google it but didn’t find anything. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. I have also tried using different resolutions to 1920 x 1080, all the ones I have tried (randomly selected) have not solved the problem. • /r/battlestations - Show off your gear! Horizontal lines are almost exclusively caused by failed Gate drivers on the panel. BenQ XL2411T Faint Horizontal Lines Across The Screen. I have tried using an HDMI cable which did fix the issue however my monitor is 144hz so I need display port for that. Users reported that they see vertical lines on monitor and are unable to view anything on their display. However I have noticed some faint grey lines that run horizontally across the screen. Joined: 15 Jun 2003 Posts: 2,444 Location: Darlington. TV Technician: Aric , Technician replied 4 years ago Possibly, however very thin and faint lines have a GOOD chance of being caused by the T-con and not the LCD panel. Is there a … [–]OwenTheTyley 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (4 children). Recently, we have received some reports from users who had trouble viewing content on their display. You must log in or register to reply here. I've noticed that the visibility of them is not constant and they can occupy more or less area. What are these patches/clouds called? [–]Fathomer_[S] 0 points1 point2 points 5 years ago (0 children). [–]falkentyne 1 point2 points3 points 5 years ago (1 child). This is how they usually look like: Relocate any electronic devices around your monitor. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: Home of the computer component that you see most. Turn your monitor off and on again. Recently, however, I notices lines on my screen while playing a game, and then started looking for them. Hi, so I got my new monitor last week, I'm really happy with it so far. I just got this new G75WV-BBK5 less than a month ago, and I'm having an issue with the screen I noticed these small lines on the default desktop wallpaper, but I assumed they were normal (from compression of the image or something). I have a Samsung E2220 display that runs at 1080p on 60hz on a … Faint grey horizontal lines across new monitor. Hi, so I got my new monitor last week, I'm really happy with it so far. When I opened it this morning, it had the black lines across the screen. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. My cable should be here tomorrow so I will update you with me being either really happy or annoyed. New Build: No display being detected. that is from the Benq XL2720Z when running with a high vertical total tweak (the bottom one is without the VT tweak). What to do when there are strange horizontal lines on the screen and new boards don't fix it. Odds are very strong that the line comes from the panel itself, and that you need to RMA the monitor. Check the video cables. I hope this information is good enough. Hey guys, new Odyssey G7 32" owner here. News article, [troubleshooting], [help], etc. Thank you!<. » Check out the /r/monitors Wiki for guides and more! Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Amidar, 30 Jan 2013. HI, Try connecting an external monitor to your laptop and see if the lines are displayed on it as well. Discussion Horizontal Lines on Acer monitor Author Date within 1 day 3 days 1 week 2 weeks 1 month 2 months 6 months 1 year of Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04 For the last week or so, my monitor has horizontal shadows or lines across the screen. This could also be indicator of an issue with the panel of the display. Try to have a minimum distance of 1 metre between the monitor and electronic devices. If there are vertical or horizontal lines on the screen it could mean that the refresh rate on your display needs to be changed. TroubleshootingFaint grey horizontal lines across new monitor. Amidar. Fast way to fix vertical or horizontal lines on lcd tv-s It really works! It's not an issue of screen tearing, it's just some faint light horizontal lines. As suggested in other comments, try another cable type. I guess since it is on your second monitor it isn't too bad. Question: Q: Black Horizontal Lines on MacbookPro Screen. Sorry! I had the same problem, my monitor is a Chimei CMV 938D, which is an excellent monitor, but my graphics card was the problem.