She waited for any explanation, but he was silent. ‘This explanation would be more helpful if Fiore made it clear what kind of bats were in the funnel.’ ‘The explanation of the anecdote's use begins with a return to the rhetoric of travel writing.’ ‘This includes a summary explanation of cover offered during and after construction.’ Definition of explanation: noun, the specific or details that someone gives you, so you can understand what he is talking about and everything is clear I need your explanation about yesterday evening. In other cases, explanations are intentionally vague or ostentatious such that they aren't designed to … An explanation is a set of statements usually constructed to describe a set of facts which clarifies the causes, context, and consequences of those facts. A resolution of disputed points pursuant to discussion; a mutual clarification of disputed points; reconciliation. She left the room abruptly without explanation. The only explanation I can think of is that the samples got mixed up. We do not implement these annoying types of ads! Explanation, in philosophy, set of statements that makes intelligible the existence or occurrence of an object, event, or state of affairs. I told my students correct spells but they accepted only when I showed them the spells on whichiscorrect.com Thanx a lot bye from m.zubair. a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc. Explanation (noun) That which explains or makes … (given reason) explicación nf nombre femenino: Sustantivo de género exclusivamente femenino, que lleva los artículos la o una en singular, y las o unas en plural. An explanation is a set of statements usually constructed to describe a set of facts which clarifies the causes, context, and consequences of those facts. All Free. Copyright © WhichIsCorrect.com 2013-2020. 3 people chose this as the best definition of explanation: Something that explains.... See the dictionary meaning, pronunciation, and sentence examples. English [] Noun []. "The explanation was long and drawn-out.". The explanation was long and drawn-out. Explanation is a way to uncover new knowledge, and to report relationships among different aspects of studied phenomena. (Definition of explanation from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary … The act of explaining, expounding, or interpreting; the act of clearing from obscurity and making intelligible; as, the explanation of a passage in Scripture, or of a contract or treaty. the act of explaining; making something plain or intelligible; "I heard his explanation of the accident". explaination (plural explainations) . Exemplos: la mesa, una tabla. "An explanation for the UFO sightings was easily found.". Explanation definition is - the act or process of explaining. Please add askdifference.com to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software. Obsolete form of explanation. The act or process of explaining. Among the most common forms of explanation are causal explanation (see causation); deductive-nomological explanation (see covering-law model), which involves We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising. All Which is Correct spellings and definitions, including "Explaination or explanation" are based on official English dictionaries, which means you can browse our website with confidence! A mutual exposition of terms, meaning, or motives, with a view to adjust a misunderstanding, and reconcile differences; reconciliation; agreement; as, to come to an explanation. explanation (ekspləˈneiʃən) noun 1. the act or process of explaining. Explanations have varied explanatory power. Aprender mais em dicionário Inglês-Português Cambridge The meaning attributed to anything by one who explains it; definition; interpretation; sense. In scientific research, explanation is one of several purposes for empirical research. • He offered no explanation for his absence at the previous day's meeting. The Bible talks a lot about sin, but it can be hard for kids to understand. You do not compare two things. We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading. Sentence2: I commented on whether the explanations were clear enough. Live updates: Fauci warns that Thanksgiving could lead to surge on top of a … Thanks : I didn't get an explanation why I was taken off but maybe they're wrapping me in cotton wool for next week. Hi, In the following sentence, should I use "explanation" or "explanations"? Georgia Governor Demands 'Complete Explanation' for Voting Discrepancies After Audit Aila Slisco 11/20/2020. noun, the specific or details that someone gives you, so you can understand what he is talking about and everything is clear a mutual declaration of the meaning of words spoken, actions, motives, etc., with a view to adjusting a misunderstanding or reconciling differences: After a long and emotional explanation they were friends … -Is the system of the body that is responsible for the function of excretion or the process of discharging wastes. The components of an explanation can be implicit, and interwoven with one another. ; Misspelling of explanation. She waited for any explanation, but he was silent. • I don't know why he tested positive for drugs. An explanation for each UFO sighting was easily found. As nouns the difference between explanation and explication is that explanation is the act or process of explaining while explication is the act of opening, unfolding, or … ; thought that makes something comprehensible. explaination An explanation that makes a discussed situation less plain by complicating what's apparent. Marie Rossiter 2020-11-05 Zinedine Zidane said he has "no explanation" for Real Madrid's inconsistent form after they were beaten 2-1 at home by Alaves on Saturday to make … grounds (rather formal) a good or true reason for saying, doing or believing something: DISCLAIMER:WhichIsCorrect.com takes no responsibility for all the incorrect language advice posted in the comments section below. Explanation attempts to answer the "why" and "how" questions. Something that explains, makes understandable. An explanation is a communication that is designed to convey meaning such as information, emotion or conjecture. 6,219 Views Ed Good — Grammar Tips. Lee Cataluna: The Maui Conference Optics Look Bad But The Explanation Is Worse Organizers defending the junket say lawmakers traveled to … How to use explanation in a sentence. explanation tradução: explicação. The formal hypothesis is the theoretical tool used to verify explanation in empirical research. Sentence1: I needed to tailor explanation(s) to each student. One explanation looks to the institutional and disciplinary history of theoretical physics and the philosophy of science. explanation meaning: 1. the details or reasons that someone gives to make something clear or easy to understand: 2. the…. Correct spelling, the correct spelling comes from the verb explain, whuch means to characterize something (for example the situation), provide some informations to make it clear, and a suffix -ation that is used to create a noun. This description may establish rules or laws, and may clarify the existing rules or laws in relation to any objects, or phenomena examined.. I need your explanation about yesterday evening. That is a great English dictionary particularly to those fresh to English. Homeostasis produce a series of wastes that are eliminated by the excretory system. explanation (também: account, answer, description, instruction, statement) explanation: 1 n the act of explaining; making something plain or intelligible “I heard his explanation of the accident” Types: elucidation an act of explaining that serves to clear up and cast light on explication the act of making clear or removing obscurity from the meaning of a word or symbol or expression etc. In the superlative you talk about one thing only and how it is the best, worst, etc. The Explanation – Why is The Explanation so Evasive? A Simplified Explanation Of The Electoral College Answers to your questions about this American institution. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: explanation n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. Font size: explanation. Explanation (noun) The act of explaining, expounding, or interpreting; the act of clearing from obscurity and making intelligible; as, the explanation of a passage in Scripture, or of a contract or treaty. That which explains or makes clear; as, a satisfactory explanation. Common searches that lead to this page: Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Thus, an explanation is subjected to interpretation, and discussion. Explanation definition: If you give an explanation of something that has happened , you give people reasons for... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples This description of the facts et cetera may establish rules or laws, and may clarify the existing rules or laws in relation to any objects, or phenomena examined. Jump to navigation Jump to search. Let me give a few words of explanation. An explanation is often underpinned by an understanding or norm that can be represented by different media such as music, text, and graphics. ; Yesterday was the coldest day of the year so far. explanation - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions. explanation - correct spelling This Grammar.com article is about explanation - correct spelling — enjoy your reading! Incorrect spelling, as the word is a mix of verb and suffix: explain (to define something, make it understandable) + -ation (which is here to form a noun) =, and then we must remember to omit i explanation is only correct form. • She offered no explanation as to why she had left so suddenly. : While this explanation is true for many paranormal manifestations, it is also possible cause for the chupacabra's manifestation. explanation a statement, fact or situation that tells you why something has happened; a reason given for something: The most likely explanation is that his plane was delayed. Can someone please put science, philosophy, religion and history, into genuine perspective? noun Example: He has no adequate explanation for the company’s loss. Also describes the process of looking a gift horse in the mouth and naming each tooth, after you bring it … explanation - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums. Our moderators only check the spelling and punctuation of posted comments. Learn more. This may be intended to be accurate, easy to understand, convincing or all three. The following guidelines apply to the superlative: 1-syllable adjectives: add -est to the adjective (plus the) My sister is the tallest in our family. Explanation - Excretory System What is the excretory system? Something that explains, makes understandable. Your comment will appear after it has been approved (it takes usually up to 6 hours).If you have any questions or concerns please ask in the comment box and we will try to help! This page is a spellcheck for word explaination. An explanation is also a reason or an excuse for doing something: [ C ] He had no explanation for his absence the day before. how to spell explaination, correct spelling of explaination, how is explaination spelled, spell check explaination, how do you spell explaination. By using our site, you are agreeing to. All rights reserved. Definition of explanation: We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. • The kind of explanation we come up with must not contradict the laws of physics. It may be a little misleading, i in the middle of the word must be omitted – it’s because of easier pronunciation – so the only correct form is explanation.