Please see long term Maths and English long term plans for more detail of Maths and English Coverage. I had gone into teaching to try and close the achievement gap in learning outcomes, and it turned out that I was actually widening it. We also included some tips on how to write your own primary school operational plan based on the example we provided. For further details of our Curriculum Drivers and Long Term Plans please click on the links below: The Primary Planning Tool is an NCCA curriculum aligned planning tool which allows your school to create, integrate and manage your Long-term Plans, Short-term Plans, Cuntais Míosúla and Thematic planning. We can get a sense of progression as we look at different year groups’ writing, something that can be very powerful for newer teachers who can see a clear model of what should be expected by the end of the year and key stage. The truth was I myself was very shaky on exactly what the most important information was, my expertise in the topic was limited, to say the least. Many of our schools offer Cambridge Primary alongside their national curriculum, or as … We might term these problematic aspects of curriculum design the intended-enacted gap, lethal mutations, and literature overload. The trouble was, there was very little that teachers were able to do the next day as a result of these discussions. How to account for this meteoric and exponential rise? You can read more about retrieval practice in Clare Sealy’s ‘How I Wish I’d Taught Maths’ series. The long term plans may alter slightly as the year progresses as we evaluate and refine our curriculum to ensure it best meets the needs of our children. Worried about ensuring excellent maths outcomes for all your pupils? This makes building conceptual knowledge all but impossible. We've structured them in a way that ensures concepts are introduced or revisited at the start of the school year for every year group, and returned to and built upon in the spring and summer terms. Our Goals: 1. It was back in 2013 even before the new primary curriculum that I first realised that I was failing these children. Primary School / Curriculum / Curriculum Plans Curriculum Plans. Children in Foundation Stage follow the Early Years Foundation Curriculum. We also look at year plans for mixed-age provision from primary schools. Maths Curriculum Packs for primary schools have been designed from the ground up to address the National Curriculum objectives for Mathematics. Knowing how to develop a curriculum at primary school can feel like an impossible task, but after attending a training session specifically on curriculum development, Year 6 teacher and Third Space author Sophie Bartlett is here to help you do just that. Holme On Spalding Moor Primary School. Oakfield Community Primary School. A primary school operational plan is no different from other operational plans. 1 WHOLE SCHOOL Raising Attainment Plan 2019-2020 24 10 19.doc Subject Coordinators 2019 2020.docx All areas of the curriculum have the ability to merge together and form a theme. This, in fact, is probably the most important level, because it refers to what happens in the classroom. They were a useful anchor and launchpad, to be sure, but they didn’t annihilate the attainment gap in the way that we were hoping. They don’t have to use it, but it means that we can take account of individual student needs so every child is able to write an accomplished and comprehensive essay. Primary schools are strongly encouraged, and enabled, when teaching about different types of family, to include families with same sex parents. All too often it is easy to simply focus on English and maths, ignoring the crucial foundation subjects. In Year 3 we look at  Alfred the Great during the Anglo-Saxon unit. 1. Long term plans. Curriculum Plans At Roundhay, our curriculum is carefully designed, implemented and reviewed to ensure that our core values are LIVED through everything that we do within and across our school. Please click here to view our long term planning for Maths . Western Australian Curriculum. Our teachers bring the National Curriculum alive by making links between the individual subjects and applying them to topics.