… CeraVe Skin Renewing Cream Serum: rated 4 out of 5 on MakeupAlley. CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum ($16.97, originally $17.99; amazon.com or $16.99; target.com) CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum Do you have dark spots from the sun or breakouts? Traditionally, retinol and sensitive skin have been frenemies in the skin-care world—but as formulas get more advanced, they’re now able to enter BFF territory. “Those with acne should always remember to wear sunscreen regularly as some ingredients to treat acne may make the skin more sensitive to the sun, and it is known that blemishes and dark spots left behind from acne can become darker with sun exposure,” says Dr. Garshick. The brand has recently come into the spotlight thanks in large part to TikTok tutorials, but derms have long sung its praises. and retinol (the meat!). “This lightweight, oil-free moisturizer uses hyaluronic acid to attract moisture to the skin, and helps to retain moisture and restore the natural skin barrier through the use of ceramides.” At only $10 a bottle, you’ll be able to slather it on at all hours of the day and night without feeling like you’re breaking the bank. After using CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum for a short amount of time, there wasn’t really much of a change to my skin at all. © 2020 Well+Good LLC. Shop now: CeraVe Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum, $25. “CeraVe, as a … To help you navigate all the options available, we asked dermatologists to share the retinol serums—for oily or sensitive skin, acne, dark spots, and, of course, wrinkles—they often recommend. and retinol (the meat!). "It's been a stressful year" might be the understatement of the century. CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum Photo: CeraVe Retinol is the gold standard for treating acne, and this $20 option is an easy and affordable way to integrate it into your routine. It’s non-stripping, so it won’t disrupt your skin barrier or leave you feeling dry or irritated, and its non-comedogenic properties mean that it won’t clog your pores, either. CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum $18.99 at Ulta Henry calls hyaluronic acid a "miracle molecule" — and this serum is full of it. CeraVe Skin Renewing Retinol Cream Serum In addition to encapsulated retinol that’s gradually released into the skin, this retinol formula also includes three types of … Putting together a skin-care routine can often require mixing and matching products from various brands in order to find exactly the right combination for your skin’s needs. Shop now:  CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, $19. When they’re getting along, they’ll give you mirror-finish skin. Enter: the retinol sandwich method. So, which retinol serum is the best? Well+Good decodes and demystifies what it means to live a well life, inside and out. Our editors independently select these products. "It's been a stressful year" might be the understatement of the century. Basically, you should always combine your retinol routine—which can be drying—with something hydrating and nourishing, regardless of what type of skin you have. It stimulates cell turnover, which Dr. Garshick explains will “not only help with pores, but also the blemishes and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that results from acne, improving both skin tone and texture.”, Shop now: CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum, $20. We asked dermatologists to break down the order in which to apply skin-care products for optimal use. Hyaluronic acid is a hydrating hero that most derms will tell you is a non-negotiable for dealing with dry skin. Treat yourself to a “retinol sandwich” at least at least three times a week, and your skin will be feeling as nourished and full as if you were to feed it an actual sandwich. The good news? CA Do Not Sell My Personal Information     Sitemap redirect. All rights reserved. As a dermatologist, I value products that are effective, affordable, and backed by science, like CeraVe, which never deviate from the ceramide-based formulation and … “This lotion helps moisturize and protect the skin barrier, but absorbs easily and is easy to apply,” she says. Shop now: CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum, $19. If your skin is prone to breakouts, you’ll want to integrate acne-fighting ingredients into every step of your routine. This 15-Minute Core-Back Sweat Sesh Is All That You Need to Do Today, Olive Oil Isn’t the Only Heart-Healthy Pantry Staple—Pumpkin Seed Oil Boosts Cardiovascular Health, Too. However, I didn't use it in place of a moisturizer. Longer Term Results After using this serum for a longer period of time, I still didn’t see much of a difference. CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum (Buy It, $17, amazon.com) has emerged as a favorite among the thousands of skin-care products on Amazon. I really love the way this product worked. Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A that helps promote the skin’s natural exfoliation process—and improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture and uneven skin tone. This hydrating mineral sunscreen offers physical protection by way of SPF 50, and is also formulated with hyaluronic acid to retain skin moisture, ceramides to restore the skin barrier, and niacinamide to offer a calming, soothing effect. And when they’re not, well, let’s just say the words “red” and “dry” come to mind. The Serum contains three essential ceramides to help maintain your skin's natural protective barrier and vitamin B5 to soothe dry skin © 2020 Well+Good LLC. Consider this your comprehensive guide of how and when to … Check out the video below. I boarded the anti-aging skin-care train the day I turned 20 and haven’t looked back since. And if you do have extra-sensitive skin, apply a layer of moisturizer both 10 minutes before and after applying your retinol to reduce irritation without totally diluting the treatment. If you’re prone to dryness, you’ll want to look for a cleanser that will effectively wash your face without drying your skin, and this hydrating option does exactly that. Shop now: CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion, $16. Has 2020 Been Stressing You Out? "It really helps plump up your skin," she explained. Its gentleness makes it worth considering, especially if you haven’t used this ingredient before.